To give you an idea of how to plan the most luxurious vacation ever, you will find this guide quite useful.
Choose the right luxury resorts
The most advisable thing is that you bet on a place full of nature, where disconnection and relaxation will be complete from the first moment. Just like Santani Wellness Resort & Spa in Kandy.
Santani is the first and only purpose-built luxury resort in Sri Lanka, offering luxury escapes that are designed according to the highest sustainability and eco-standards. Santani has spent more than two years searching for this pristine location because it was understood that humans heal and thrive most effectively where nature meets intelligent sustainable design.
Get to know the country, the culture, the dos and dont’s
Sri Lanka is a great place to visit for adrenaline-pumping adventure sports, wildlife enthusiasts and a haven for history buffs who can pilgrimage to some of the oldest cities in the world and these are just some of the many reasons to include the South Asian country on your travel wish list.
With so many new sights, sounds, aromas, and people you will encounter, how will you avoid making disastrous cultural mistakes? Here are some of the top 5’s Do’s & Don’ts!
- Do try the local foods – Some of the local favorites include pork curry, fish curry, brinjal moju etc. Trying the local foods will endear you to the people and you should dive in right hand first!
- Do pack appropriately – Packing for a diverse climate, can be a little bit tricky. What you will need to consider is where your travels will take you during your visit to paradise. Primarily, you want to pack light, loose-fitting clothes for most of your journey here.
- Do factor in travel times – Sri Lankan roads and train routes are crowded and can be a source of great frustration as you move about the country.
- Don’t take pictures without permission – In the Sri Lankan culture, it’s considered to be problematic if you take a picture, without first asking for permission from the people in it.
But overall it’s simply polite to ask before you snap away.
- Don’t miss out on the fruits – Fruits in Sri Lanka deserve their own write-up here. It’s probably not possible for you to try every fruit but do try whatever it is that you can find.
Pre-plan your itinerary
One of the best things about booking a stay at a luxury hotel here in Sri Lanka is that they would help you create an itinerary if you haven’t already pre-planned it, and even provide transport to tourist spots if they are close by. You can also explore the outskirts of the island by climbing Sigirya, Explore ancient wonders in Anuradhapura, Visit a tea empire in Nuwara Eliya, Take time to explore the city of Kandy and so much more!
Factor in the relaxation time during your vacation
One of the best decisions is to go to a place that offers all-inclusive service. With this system all you will only have to think about is to have fun, enjoy, and rest. Satani is the ideal luxury resort when it comes to prioritizing your relaxation. You can have a Satani Ayurveda recovery, taking part in the Santani Detox programs, a spa getaway, a de-addiction and yoga.
Consider hiring a local chauffer guide
Getting to your destination and knowing how you will get around is essential so as not to lose yourself or spend more money than budgeted. Is crucial. Luxury hotels and resorts in Sri Lanka help guests with transport. In case you won’t get any help consider hiring a local guide and driver. They will make traveling about the country as easy as possible.
Don’t forget to plan your budget and become familiar with the usual rates
Once you know where and when to go, as well as where you’ll stay, it is time to plan your vacation budget. Establishing a firm budget before you begin is extremely important, as it will allow you to be mindful of how much money goes where during the vacation planning process.
At the end of the day, wanting the perfect luxury vacation starts with good planning. We all want and deserve to be pampered from time to time. Every now and then it is worth splurging on ourselves and enjoying a vacation truly worth remembering.